WeSeePeople

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Walking with Google Maps Walking Directions! In San Francisco.

When I saw that Google Maps has enabled walking directions beta, I set out immediately to check driving, taking Public Transport and walking from Moscone Center in San Francisco to an address on Mission Street. A deed I need to do. Even though I have done this numerous times, I wanted to see what Google maps has to offer.
First Driving the worst case, not just because of fuel cost, but parking in San Francisco cost you much more than a gallon of gas!, if you manage to find one. (Just to be clear, both above locations have public parking) But travel wise this is the longest route;


Then the public transit, which involves a little leg work as well was clear and the departure times were shown togethe with directions.

The final, the walking, which is always good in San Francisco, unless it is a extreme hot day, which we seem to be having more and more (global warming?). But we do have trees you know! the walking directions were clear as well but I have taken a different route but today it will be Google Maps Walking Directions!

Google LatLong: Pound the pavement

No comments: