WeSeePeople

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Hiroshima, Never Again.


I have stood in front of this structure and weeped. This happened a long time before even I was born and far away from where I was born. But all the agony and destruction that I have witnessed ran across my mind. It was not easy to recognize that it was real. It was real that little children who had nothing to do with the war vaporized.
Not again, Never Again. Say no to Nuclear Arms, anywhere.
Recognize people for who they are! We are all the same, packaged in different colors and sizes :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There is little else to be said in front of the horrors caused by the bombs and you are right that Hiroshima and Nagasaki must never happen again.

Let me add this though: The atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki probably saved millions of lives - The Americans were calculating with one million (military) losses on their and five million (military and civil) dead on the Japanese side in case Japan was invaded by conventional means.

The atomic bomb was the harvest that Japan had sowed in previous years, pillaging and raping their way through Asia and - as a German - I think I may say that both my people and Japan had it coming. Not that their children and women and ordinary people deserved it, but that they had it coming.

ravenII said...

Thanks Micheal. Yes by saying never again, I mean to include all parties. I think as humans we can do without wars.
Even in the family, it is much better when you discuss something peacefully than fighting.
But I disagree with you in one thing.
"both my people and Japan had it coming" Nobody deserve to die for decisions made by others.
But again I thank you for your input.