Popfly is for creating, sharing, and embedding mashups, web pages, and gadgets. Right now, Popfly is invitation only, which means you either need to find someone who has a Popfly account and get them to invite you, or you need to visit http://www.popfly.com and sign in with your Windows Live ID to join the wait list for invitations. Just like the Joost phenomenon, I think Microsoft is planing to get a boost by touching the curiosity button on all of us.
On the alpha product, I was just a teeny bit ;) reminded of Yahoo Pipes. But that is just initial interface. There is more to it. If you are not a member, follow the links below to get some information.
Here is some info from release notes;
- You need an invitation to get in. If you don’t have one, you can sign into the site with your Windows Live ID and request one or find someone who has one and bug them until they give you one.
- You need a Windows Live ID associated with an email address to receive an invitation. You can get a Live ID at http://login.live.com.
- You need IE 6, IE 7, or Firefox 2.0. We support IE 6 and 7 (Windows XP SP2 and Windows Vista) and Firefox 2 (Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, and Mac OS X).
- You need Silverlight™. To use some of our site you’ll need the beta version of Silverlight™ 1.0 from http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/install.aspx. Don’t worry, it’s small and we’ll even check if you have it installed for you and give you a link to install it.
- On Firefox, you may get a message about not being able to verify the identity of the site; it’s a minor certificate problem that we’re fixing very soon.
- And yes, we really meant to have "Logo goes here!" in the upper left side of the screen.
Popfly Explorer for Visual Studio 2005
iWantmyGTV: POPFLY Videos!
You might try to apply here!";})();ButtonMouseDown(this);'>