WeSeePeople

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

20,000 leagues under the sea, Jules Verne, Honored By Google Doodle

Update: Use the controls on the right (On Google Home Page)  to dive!
One of the people I will not forget is Jules Verne, I think I read and reread most of his books, including Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (Vingt mille lieues sous les mers, 1870) that was honored by Google with a doodle today. I think Verne set off millions of people into the center of the earth or 20000 leagues under water and around the moon and back. It is good to read about the man at anytime. When I saw the Google Doodle, I saw right away, myself in that submarine, Nautilus. I was also glad to find a post on Google blog about it, not many times that you read a blog post from a Google Doodler, with this commemoration of Verne’s 183rd birthday, , did,
Thanks Jennifer, for sending me back to my own child hood and reminding me of the great writer, Jules Gabriel Verne.
Official Google Blog: Happy birthday from 20,000 leagues under the sea

No comments: